Friday 20 January 2012

Exercise: A sequence of composition

People on Union Street, Aberdeen

The aim is to take some 20 - 30 images of people at an public event, without taking too much time to get the perfect picture. This exercise will stretch my comfort zone as I have rarely taken pictures of the Cityscape or of people. I rarely venture into a town or city. The other problem is that I do not know of any upcoming public event.
I have delayed going into Aberdeen to go to a couple of shops, waiting for a wet day. However I would passing close to the centre and thought to seek images quickly of the event called 'Daily Life'.
I chose to fit the 55-250mm lens for greater flexibility and set Auto ISO.
To start with I was hesitant taking pictures of the many strangers and took also pictures of other things I noticed. I was surprised that some people talked to me and 3 started to pose. I took all pictures as soon as I noticed, many while still walking.
I did not crop any of the images, with some I made adjustments to light and contrast.
The bus stop, Image 3887. A crop above the litter bin might improve the image.
A delivery, Image 3889
focus and composition seem ok

directing, Image 3897
Could have zoomed in a bit tighter

In a rush? Image 3904
Camera needs a bit further to the left

Waiting for green, Image 3906
A slight crop to get rid of the blue arm

Ready for a smoke, Image 3908
Only at home did I notice the advert

Image 3914
either could have zoomed in a bit more or taken a potrait picture

Contrasts, Image3915

Taxi rank, image 3923

Image 3926
Bottom is missing

Another delivery, image 3929
the background light is too bright

Working, Image 3935
Image 3938

Image 3946

Image 3950

Waiting outside Court, Image 3955

Care and support, Image 3956

Under the umbrella on cold and sunny day, Image 3975

Image 3982

Having a break, Image 3984

Image 3985

Image 3996

Cyclist, Image 4000

Checking? Image 4001

Image 4002

Image 4009

Twins? Image 4010

Its been an interesting experience and great variety of possible image can be found. Working fast with zoom and focus is also good practice.



1 comment:

  1. Great work Leif especially as it was well outside your comfort zone. Some lovely images and great descriptions.

    ReplyDelete