Monday 30 January 2012

Exercise: Focal length and different viewpoints

In this exercise I am encouraged to use different lenses and viewpoints of the same subject.

Aberdeen University- The new library
The pictures where taken on 29.1.2012. I have slighty cropped and aligned the images.

Image 4050, 55mm
I choose the corner to show the bold design of the glas panels.

Image 4051, 18mm
This image was taken from across the street, the tree may assisst to give it some scale


Image 4054, 18mm
A corner shot to hopefully show that this building is big cube. With the wide angle lense I managed to get a fair amount of the building into the frame.


Image 4055, 51mm
For this image I stood back to show the patters and also to give a little insight of the building and its scale.


Image 4056, 33mm
Again from further back, leaving the surrounding space to indicate that the side is a square.
At this point I was looking for other potential viewpoints, but rain and hail came down.
Overall it was still an interesting shoot using I hope unusual angles. A polarising filter could help looking inside

No comments:

Post a Comment