Tuesday 20 March 2012

Exercise:The relationship between points

The exercise asks to concider the relation between points in a picture. Again when traveling I was looking for possible and hopefully interesting images with two or three points of interest. I concidered another shot from the Buzzard scene, however it had become unclear what was happening. A scene of people picking doffodils in a distant field was dismissed as my point of view was not right. Others were missed as there were no safe stopping places.

Bumblebee

Image 4549 taken on 17.3.2012, 1/200sec, f10, ISO400, 55mm
To start with I took this picture for a single point, to practice with depth of field and capturing the light coming through the petals. Not to forget that I keep wanting to get a sharp image of a bee in flight. Once again I was not able to do the last.
Once home looking at the image in large print I noticed my eyes switching from the bee to the larger flower and back. It had at least two points relating with each other and wanting my attention. The details of the bee and of of the flower.

Working together


Image 4417 taken on 9.3.2012 in Arbroath harbour. 1/3200sec, f5.6, ISO1600, 250mm
On this overcast day I set out to practice with high ISO ratings as well finding something of interest. In the harbour the only activity where these men passing a bucket to each other. The men are obviously paying attention to each other and the blue bucket being lowered. My eyes wander up and down this line.

Chopping wood

Image 4318 taken on 19.2.2012 in Aboyne. 1/160sec, f5.6,ISO1600, 250mm
As I have build the odd treehouse for customers, someone suggest that I had a look at this one.
As I was having a look at the structure from across the road this man appeared and started chopping wood. Now I had some extra interest to the plain shed on stilts with a grand staircase. My eyes wander from the man to the pile of wood, up the staircase to the treehouse/shed, creating a relationship between several points.


No comments:

Post a Comment