Wednesday 22 February 2012

Exercise: Vertical and horizontal frames

For this exercise I am to take 20 photograph's and taking each in both the vertical and horizontal frame. Out of habit we tend to take pictures horizontally, me included.
It has taken me a while to get this exercise completed. I wanted not to just take any pictures, but also practice using the maual settings of the camera, increase the range of images I normally take and deal with the poorer light conditions at this time of year.




























I noticed quickly how automatically I used the horizontal format first in most instances. The exercise therefore has been usefull to get into the habit using both formats as both have their merits. Someone advised me that I can take photograph's without grain up to ISO1600. This I find surprising as in past with film I used only up to ISO400. If I find this works I can take pictures of moving subjects at higher shutterspeeds, must try this out and look at the quality of the prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment